The HUBER Q-PRESS® RoS3Q Inclined Sludge Press is a unique sludge dewatering machine developed by HUBER over 20 years ago and now over 1200 machines have been installed globally in many applications.
The screw press provides a simple, high performance system that offers an attractive life cycle value compared to centrifuges or belt presses.
One of the key features of the screw press is its slow operational speed. The basket and screw rotates at <1.5rpm thus minimising wear and prolonging life and service intervals.
Several RoS3Q models are available with capacities ranging from 20 to 540Kg DS per hour to suit most industrial applications for dewatering of primary or secondary sludge.
All machines are fully enclosed and manufactured in stainless steel.
Find out more
Hydroflux Industrial has a fully containerised system available for trials or rental.
The system is fully containerised and fitted with a HUBER RoS3Q Size 440 system and all the required ancillary components
The HUBER RoS3Q Size 440 system can process up to 140 kg/h of dry solids, or up to 4000 L/h of sludge.
The containerised system is fitted with the following:
- Sludge Feed Pump
- Sludge Feed Flowmeter
- Automatic Polymer Dosing System with powdered storage hopper and liquid drum pump
- Polymer Dosing Pump
- Polymer Flowmeter
- RoS3Q440 Inclined Sludge Press
- Inline flocculation tube and mixing valve
- Control System
- Interconnecting pipework
- Compressor for operation of retention cone
- Interior lighting, GPO, 2 x E-Stops and 2kW Heater
- Penetrations for access to tie in points
- Cable with 20A plug
- O+M Manuals (2 copies)
- 1 x storage compartment (approx. 1L x 2.5W x 1H)
- Sludge is firstly flocculated in-line with a polyelectrolyte and enters the machine.
A lowerable container truck with twistlocks for ISO containers is ideal for transportation. The container must be lifted at the four upper corner fittings only.
The installation place must meet the following requirements:
- Plain, paved area
- Sufficient space for access, installation, safe operation of the plant and regular removal of compacted sludge.
- As short as possible distance to the thin sludge intermediate storage unit.
- Gravity discharge of filtrate
- Power supply
- Fresh water supply
- Sufficient exterior lighting
Dimensions and weight
Weight: 7000 kg
The panel contains a 6” HMI whereby full control is provided for the entire dewatering system, including the polymer plant.
Power Supply: 415V/50 Hz – 20 AMP
Washwater requirement: At least 2.6 L/s at 5 bar (Please note that this is an instantaneous demand. The hourly consumption is approx. 800L. )
Sludge is firstly flocculated in-line with a polyelectrolyte and enters the machine.
The machine consists of a main case, internal screw (rotating at <1.5rpm), spray bar and cylindrical wedgewire/mesh drum. As the sludge enters the unit the sludge is conveyed by the screw through the drum length whilst the filtrate is drained through the mesh. The drum consists of variable apertures and profiles, and together with a reducing screw pitch and increased shaft diameter, pressure is gradually applied to the sludge mass.
The ultimate high pressure zone is at the outlet section where an adjustable pneumatic cone is configured to achieve maximum sludge dryness. The cake is discharged through the cone into a bin or conveyor system and the filtrate collects within the main case and is discharged via gravity to the filtrate outlet flange.
Hydroflux Industrial supply a comprehensive range of screw presses to suit virtually any industrial application
|Model Number||Max Hydraulic flow (m3/h)*||Max solids load (kg/h)|
*typical capacities, consult Hydroflux Industrial for specific data
The Screw Press offers superior performance in terms of sludge dryness and power consumption over other conventional dewatering systems:
- Reduced sludge disposal costs
- High performance & efficiency
- Very slow speed screw, < 1.5 rpm
- Very low energy requirement
- Low maintenance requirements
- All stainless steel construction and fully enclosed
- Intermittent and low washwater requirements
There are numerous applications for the RoS3Q Screw Presses:
- Meat and Poultry Industry WWTP sludge
- Dairy WWTP sludge
- Fruit and Vegetable WWTP & Processing sludge & wastes
- Potato and Potato Chips WWTP & Processing sludge & wastes
- General Food Industry WWTP & Processing sludge & wastes
- Paper, Cardboard and Printing WWTP & Processing sludge & wastes
- Waste Activated Sludge Dewatering
- Potable Water Treatment Sludge Dewatering
DESIGN CONSTRUCTION OPERATION
Engaging a professional wastewater treatment company to look after the entire wastewater project is a convenient, economical and hassle free option for industry.
Hydroflux Industrial can provide all process design works, manufacture and fabrication, construction and even complete operation of your wastewater treatment plant.
When Hydroflux Industrial provides complete solutions, we can either undertake a contract on a turnkey basis or work together with building services engineers and other construction professionals to ensure that the project is delivered smoothly, without interruption and on time.
BUILD OPERATE TRANSFER (BOT) FINANCING
The Hydroflux Group is able to offer a Build Operate & Transfer (BOT) option for water and wastewater assets in Australia and New Zealand. This innovative partnership arrangement strengthens existing strong bonds between Hydroflux and their customers for the long term.
Hydroflux, represented by a special purpose vehicle dedicated to the project, supplies the design, construction, financing, and operation of the water or wastewater plant. The plant is transferred to the client at the end of the contract, which is generally around 10 years.
Hydroflux also purchase existing water and wastewater plants on a similar basis, which releases cash to our clients for either returning or distributing to investors or for funding other investments in their core business.
The multidisciplinary structure of the Hydroflux group including design, construction, equipment supply and operation makes Hydroflux the ideal BOT water and wastewater partner.
Please contact Hydroflux if would like to explore the option of either acquiring a new water or wastewater facility without capital outlay or would like to free up cash by selling your existing water or wastewater assets.