Knowledge & Support
Our Hydroflux Utilities Company specialises in providing the expert specialist assistance to keep your Hydroflux plant operating.
We would like to share with you a series of technical video presentations designed to provide technical information on the processes surrounding a dissolved air flotation plant.
If you have ever wanted to know how Coagulants work and get a good insight on how to optimise your wastewater treatment plant.
- What is Coagulation and why it is important?
- The mechanisms of Coagulation.
- Organic v’s Inorganic Coagulants.
- What happens if we overdose a Coagulant?
- Effect of pH on Coagulants.
View the video below (17 minutes)
This video expands upon the Coagulation Fundamentals video with more in-depth theory in a logical, easy to understand format.
- What is a Colloidal Particle?
- What forces act upon a Colloidal Particle?
- Effect of pH on the forces.
View the video below (9 minutes)
An interesting discussion on what BOD really is and how and why we test for it, plus a little history lesson.
- Difference between TOC, COD, BOD.
- How the BOD Test Originated
- How the lab tests samples for BOD
- What the BOD test detects and does not detect
View the video below (18 minutes)
Click here to download our dissolved air flotation plant brochure.
We are adding new technical video presentations all the time so if you have a particular subject you would like more information on please let us know and we will see what we can do.
Feel free to share the links to these with your colleagues, but please do not copy stills or video and present elsewhere or use in your own presentations or websites. If you would like to do so please send us a brief request and we will likely approve.
Sorry these video presentations are not yet supported on Apple devices, we are working on it, please check back later.